St. Thomas is one of the most popular islands in the Caribbean since it is easily accessible by air or cruise ship. It is beautiful, but more commercialized than the other islands in the area. Driving around you will see chain fast food restaurants like Wendy’s and Burger King. The beaches are beautiful though and there are quite a few of them to check out. When I was there I stayed at the Marriott which was a little over priced. I suggest checking out an AirBnb that overlooks the ocean.
The highlight of the trip was a day excursion on the Bad Kitty boat. They take you to five stops and four different islands of the BVI’s: Virgin Gorda, Cooper Island, Normal Island, and Jost Van Dyke. If you go to St. Thomas, this is one thing you must do.
- Cabs charge a flat fee so be prepared to spend more
- Rent a car so you are free to check out more secluded areas
- Take the ferry over to St. Johns for a day
- If you are from the US, you can use your cell phone here
- If you are looking for an activity besides the beach then go zipline