Singapore is an ultra modern city off Southern Malaysia. The main language there is English, therefore if you are from the states it doesn’t feel like you are in an Asian country.
Places to Go
- Botanical Gardens
- Hawker Center
- Accommodations: Hotels in Singapore average around 80-110 SGD per night depending on the area you want to stay in
- Food: Restaurants start around 20 SGD and go up from there. If you are looking for low cost options, then I would check out one of the Hawker Stands.
- Transportation: Taxi’s will be the pricest way to travel. I suggest taking the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) which is fast and convenient. MRT tickets are priced based on distance traveled, but generally average around 5 SGD.
- Activities: The only activities I did were the Botanical Garden which was free and Sentosa. Sentosa activities are around 15-25 SGD.
- You MUST try the Chili Crab or Black Pepper Crab
- Have a drink on top of the Marina Bay Sands hotel by the pool