Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia and a very modern city with skyscrapers, colonial architecture, and lots of greenery. Kuala Lumpur is also famous for the Petronas Towers which dominate the city skyline.
Places to Go
- Petronas Towers: Tourist photo spot and mall inside towers
- Batu Caves: Hindu Temple set in Limestone Caves
- Bukit Bintang: Shopping area and nightlife
- Accommodation: Hostels start at 30-55 MYR per night for a private room. Hotel rooms cost around 100 MYR.
- Food: Street food is fairly cheap with the average cost being 7 MYR. Expect to pay 7-20 MYR in restaurants. Kuala Lumpur has a wide variety of cuisine available to eat.
- Transportation: Public transportation is very efficient. Buses start at 1 MYR, while the subway and monorail journeys cost 2-35 MYR, depending on distance.
- Activities: Entrance fees for temples and other attractions in Malaysia are quite cheap. Trekking costs around 30-75 MYR per day. Diving costs 245-300 MYR for two-day dives or 830-1,325 MYR for a full PADI course.
- Go to a Hawker Stand for really cheap and authentic food