Harajuku, a district of Shibuya, is the center of Japan’s most extreme teenage cultures and fashion styles, but also offers shopping for adults and some historic sights. Takeshita street houses most of these stores. Just south of Takeshita Dori and over twice its length is Omotesando, a street similar to 5th Avenue in New York. Here you can find famous brand name shops, cafes and restaurants for a more adult clientele.
JR Yamanote Line to Harajuku Station or Subway Chiyoda Line to Meiji-Jingumae Station
Places to Go
- Takeshita Dori: The main commercial street with clothing shops
- Meiji Jingu: Area with Shinto Shrine and temple
- Yoyogi Park: Active park in Tokyo for sports
- Omotesando Hills: The most expensive department store in Japan
- Kiddyland: Huge Toy Store similar to Fao Schwartz
- Omotesando: Upscale department store and high end designer shops
- Get a crepe on Takeshita Dori, there are shops everywhere
- Mieji Shrine is a MUST. Spend some time walking around the grounds.
- Check out Owl Cafe & Owl Bar Village