Fort Lauderdale Spring Break Guide
Not sure where to go when traveling to Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break? My Fort Lauderdale Spring Break Guide will show you just where to go. Fort Lauderdale has been a very popular alternative to Spring Breaking in Miami because it is more economical. The beaches are awesome and there are some amazing bars to check out down here.
Where to Stay
To be honest I thought it would be a waste of time to come up with a list of hotels. Everyone’s budget is different when you are in college. I suggest you stay anywhere on Fort Lauderdale beach, 17th Street Causeway, or near downtown. Renting an AirBnB is also a great option!! Get $40 off Airbnb here.
Below is a list of the best places to day drink in Fort Lauderdale. They are all unique in their own way. My favorite place on the list is probably the pool at the W Hotel. Elbo room has been around for ages (my dad went there for Spring Break when he was in school). I would be cautious of the bathrooms there though. Blondies is a local spot and has great people watching views.
If you google the best bars in Fort Lauderdale I guarantee half of these places below will not show up. It is great to get a locals perspective when you are traveling anywhere, and these are the best spots to go in my opinion. If you are looking for a college bar then definitely hit American Social, where a lot of people from FSU hang out.
Fort Lauderdale Brunching
- Coconuts: Amazing Sunday brunch on the water. Don’t miss the Lobster Benedict or Chocolate Fudge Swirl Pancakes.
- OB House: Downtown breakfast spot with unique menu items
- Louie Bossi: Las Olas trendy Italian restaurant and cool spot for drinks
- Pelican Grand: Great weekend breakfast buffet and one of the only hotels on the beach
- Foxy Brown: Amazing brunch on Saturdays. Bold items such as Banana Bread Grilled Cheese and Banana’s Foster Pancakes.
Fort Lauderdale Casual & Healthy Dining
- Myapapaya: Fresh food and cold pressed juices made here daily.
- Green Bar & Kitchen: Vegan restaurant and smoothie bar on 17th street. They make Vegan taste GOOD.
- Day Market Kitchen: Market 17’s lunchtime spot. Amazing salads, sandwiches, and infused waters. Don’t go there without trying to cuban sandwich.
- Fresh First: Healthy diner with a lot of gluten free items on the menu
- Jugo Fresh: Inside of the whole foods in the center of Fort Lauderdale. Great smoothies and unique cold pressed juices. The Acai Bowls are killer.
Fort Lauderdale Outdoor Dining
- Coconuts: Waterfront dining with amazing seafood. Be sure to try the oysters.
- Boatyard: This was the old Bimini Boatyard. New decor and better menu.
- Pelican Landing: Cool spot overlooking the intercostal and yachts on 17th street
- Kaluz: A little north but great American Food on the intercostal
- Aruba Beach Cafe: Nice outdoor dining spot with live music in Lauderdale by the Sea area
- Rustic Inn: The best garlic crabs in the world. This place is loud and touristy but totally worth it.
If you have any questions or suggestions about the Fort Lauderdale Spring Break Guide, contact me!