The island of Capri, one of my favorite places in Italy. I could stay in Capri the rest of my life and be happy as can be. This magical little island has everything one could need (especially me): sun, boating, great restaurants, and amazing grappa.
Places to Go
- Blue Grotto
- Photo of Faraglioni (famous rock formation)
- Walk Via Krupp
- Monte Solaro
- Marina Grande
- Lodging: Hotels range pretty widely out in Capri. One night in a B&B in Anacapri costs around €100. Regular hotels average around €250 in Capri.
- Transportation: Round trip ferry ticket from Naples: €24. Round trip bus ticket Capri – Anacapri: €3.60.
- Food: Lunch at a beach snack bar with sandwiches and drinks: €10. Pizza and beer €15. Lunch at an inexpensive restaurant €40, at a waterfront restaurant €60.
- Activities: Blue Grotto ticket €14. Boat tour ticket: €15. For a chairlift ticket to reach the top of Mount Solaro €7.
- I suggest renting a scooter or motorcycle to get around the island of Capri. This will be most convenient, and fun!
- Rent a boat for the day and drive around the island. There are a lot of different grottos to see.
- If you are trying to save some cash, taking the bus will be the most economical option.