Albuquerque is famous for the Balloon Fiesta, which is an incredible festival that takes place each year in New Mexico. The Albuquerque hot air balloon festival is the largest in the world, and should definitely be on everyones bucket list. The event takes place for 9 days, but the best days to go are when the “mass ascension” takes place. The mass ascension is a highlight of the festival where hundreds of balloons fill the sky at once.
- Arrive at Balloon Fiesta Park around 5 a.m. to avoid traffic
- Offer to help setup a balloon and you might get to ride free
- Wide variety of food options are available for breakfast/lunch
- Pets not allowed in the park unless they are a service animal
- The park closes around noon and re-opens at night