Tokyo’s ultimate otaku district is Akihabara, which is famous for computers, electronics, manga, anime, figures, and owl cafe’s. Sunday’s are great days to visit the area since they close down the main streets. Even if you are not into anime, this is a great district to get lost in.
JR Yamanote Line to Akihabara Station
Places to Go
- Sega Game Center: Video Arcades
- Yodobashi Camera: The largest electronics department store in the world
- Super Potato: Second-hand games store
- Second Hand Street Market: Second-hand goods from plugs to servers
- Tsukomo: Computer store
- Animate: Akihabarals largest manga and anime store
- Figure Shops: Figurines and merchandise
- Meido Kissas: Women dressed as maids serve coffee
- Check out the Themed Cafe’s: Maids, Owls, Ninjas and more. Brochures with coupons are usually handed out for these on the streets.